Sunday, November 29, 2020

The Hardebeck Correspondence

 Although these covers are not obviously philatelic, as in for example, if they were addressed from and/or to a stamp dealer, the person who sent them must have been a stamp collector. The stamps have been placed on the covers with care, they often have selvage, and also often the postage on the cover exceeds rates to Germany at the time. A batch of these covers came out of Asia (was it Singapore?) on eBay all at the same time. I was lucky to grab these.

This cover could match a real rate of 2.15 pesos. It's a first month of usage for both of these issues.





I don't find 5.40 peses as a normal rate in all of the covers I have from this time period addressed to Germany.




This could be a rate of 2.15 pesos.




I don't find 4.10 peses as a normal rate in all of the covers I have from this time period addressed to Germany.




This cover could be a real rate at 4.15 pesos. The pencil handwriting may be from the post office clerk.





I don't find 4.40 peses as a normal rate in all of the covers I have from this time period addressed to Germany.



The right-most 1 pesos is the major plate variety with a long vertical scratch in the Western part of Argentina. 





I don't find 3.50 peses as a normal rate in all of the covers I have from this time period addressed to Germany.